Busselton Aero Club
fun, challenge, career
“When once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
Our Chief Flying Instructor - Peter Hales wins CASA's 2020
"Flying Instructor of the Year Award"
Looking for Gift Ideas?
We are now fully Operational with COVID precautions
Subject to COVID 19 precautions and requirements we back in full operation. Flight training is back to normal and Breakfasts and Social activities are back. All activities take into consideration the current regulations and requirements for the prevention of spreading COVID 19. If you have any symptoms you are asked stay at home and follow health guidelines.
The Tecnam aircraft is available for hire and training as per the “old” normal .
It is noted that members using the club’s property and premises are responsible for abiding with social distancing, disinfecting and other relevant restrictions.
We will update our activities subject to the evolving situation and will keep members informed as these change.
We had a great time at our September breakfast.
The weather wasn't the best but about 10 aircraft flew in from various locations. The October breakfast will not take place as we are supporting the Serpentine airport open day. Join us at Serpentine in October and back to our breakfast in November.
(Our next Breakfast is on the 21st of November)
Join us at 9:00am (for a 9:30 start)
Bacon, sausages, eggs, hash browns, baked beans, mushrooms, onions, toast, juice, tea and coffee!! We've had to increase prices to cover costs, they are $10 for members and fly-in visitors. For non members it is $15 (good excuse to become members -social membership is only $20pa).
COVID 19 regulations will apply. We ask you to RSVP to the club or pre-pay so we can make sure numbers are within limits.
Recent Breakfast Visitors
Read our latest News
Read our most recent Newsletters (see below) to catch up with the latest activities, including:
- Recent breakfasts and Members General Meeting
- Upcoming events and AGM.
- Flying hours still good despite the weather.
- General meeting overview.
- Flying achievements during the period.
Read all about it and more in our most recent Newsletters (see below)
According to the ABC "Learning to fly in Australia is easier and cheaper than you might think"
Busselton Aero Club is located at the Busselton Regional Airport (YBLN), just south east of the picturesque town of Busselton. Since its
inception, BAC has successfully run multiple airshows and expos, as well as two very successful Aerofests. We have hosted some 800 school children on visits to the airport, and trained more than 200 pilots. We currently have approximately 100 club members, with more arriving all the time. But never fear; you don’t have to be a pilot to join us! We are open to everyone, whether you fly already or are simply mad about aviation.
The club is administered by an elected committee under an approved constitution. General and committee meetings are usually held on the second Sunday of each month, followed by dinner and a chat when possible. We also have a weekly “Friday Sundowner”, where everyone gathers in the clubhouse to enjoy good company, sip on a bevvie, and swap tall tales of “So there I was…” until the sun is long gone from our western sky.
If you are interested in aviation and want the company of like minded people, then Busselton Aero Club has you covered!
- If you have aspirations of becoming a pilot, take advantage of the low-cost route to a license with Recreational Aviation Australia (RAA), or simply come enjoy the opportunity of flying our Tecnam plane
- Already a pilot with a plane? Rent or buy space in one of the well-built hangars on the airfield and meet with the other owners and their planes
- Get involved with club events, such as our aerofest – one of the prime entertainment events in the Busselton calendar – or assist with the schoolchildren’s educational visits, which are certainly a highlight of their school year
- And if it all sounds just right, why not think about becoming a member? Download an Application Form or pay us a sneaky visit to get one from the office (and maybe watch a few planes while you’re here – don’t worry, we get it)
Give us a call and book your Trial Instructional Flight today!
Our TIF is far more than a simple scenic flight; during your hour-long session, you will have the opportunity to study the aircraft up close, learn important pre-flight procedures that are part of everyday life as a pilot, and have a go at the controls – all while soaring high above Geographe Bay and the Busselton Jetty. If you have always wanted to fly a plane, this is the place to start! Call us today to book your TIF!